Sunday, June 27, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone!

This will hopefully be the first of many blogs documenting my time with the Peace Corps in Mali. I'll be leaving July 2nd along with a training class of about 80 other people for Bamako. Together we'll spend two months in training where we'll be learning a local language, health and safety techniques and and other skills needed for daily living. I plan to spend my last few days stateside with friends and family at home in beautiful Seattle. I'm excited but also so anxious and ready for the adventure to begin!

3 comments:

  1. sour patch care package will be waiting in your mud hut

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lizzie - I have the grandkids this week and I have been telling them about your living in Mali. They find it hard to believe you are in a mud hut and use a hole in the ground for a toilet!! You are in our prayers - my keychain is a constant reminder of you - lots of hugs and kisses to you from the Middleton clan - S

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to this wedding bell ceremony, guests with the wedding bells on their tables can ring them whenever they like and you and your spouse should be at their service; this is actually quite a fun tradition and especially at a wedding that is quite homely and not very large in size, this is the perfect way to start off your post-wedding celebrations. And best part is that these bells can always be taken back home and so even your guests carry back a memory of the day with them.

    Wedding Bells

    ReplyDelete